Saturday, July 10, 2010

Weekend surprises with the Lamb Chops

Well, I'm back from Jerusalem and Bethlehem! It was an exciting trip, and I bought a lot more than I expected. I was excited to give the Lamb Chops their present, and I knew they'd be excited as well.

I heard giggles once I got in the house, and I turned the corner and saw them all waiting for me, but they quickly ducked back into the room and pretended to be asleep.

I let them open up their present. What could it be?

A guitar! Perfect size for Lamb Chops, too!

In all honesty, I bought this mini guitar for myself. At first, I thought it was a ukelele, but when I found out it was a mini guitar, I had all sorts of grandiose illusions of being able to practice guitar while I was here and sing and learn to play a unique instrument and actually be able to play barre cords ok. Oh, the illusions! But once I tuned the mini guitar, I soon found out that the frets were not in the right place for chords. I might try to figure something out, who knows. If not, I might leave this piece here.

But the Lamb Chops had a surprise for me, too! It turns out that they made a new friend while I was gone:

Mr. Peanut!

Mr. Peanut: "So I said, 'No, I'm not a cashew!'"
Lamb Chops: "LOL"
They all adore their newfound friend.

Some more than others.
I have to say, who could resist that seductive smile? ...Well, obviously not Football LC.

So, that's it for the weekend. I start digging again tomorrow, but I'll give the Lamb Chops a tour of the house soon.

1 comment:

  1. FB Lambchop has such a schoolgirl crush on Mr. Peanut! That's adorable.

    I guess I might as well tell you (but don't tell the Lambchops) that I also got them a guitar! It is an electric guitar, so maybe they can start a band!

    ReplyDelete