Monday, July 12, 2010

Lamb Chop tours the kibbutz guest house

Alright friends, I promised to take you on a tour of the kibbutz guest house where I am staying for this month while I'm digging in Israel. I took Mommy Lamb Chop on the tour so she could see everything--she hasn't been out of my room yet.
Here is the outside of the guest house. If you walk down the sidewalk, you reach the Sea of Galilee.
Mommy Lamb Chop, you need to be in the picture more. Come on.

You're still not in...eh. Whatevs. Not pictured: the girl who was walking down the sidewalk and staring at me as I took the picture.

Opening the door to the house. Not pictured #2: The Australian man who was about to go out the door as soon as I opened it to take the picture.
Christine: (opens door, sees him) Oh...you can go through. I'm just...using the door. Haha.
Him: (looks at me weird and goes outside)
Christine: (walks in the door and tries to hold it open while he pulls it shut behind him. waits inside for a few seconds to wait for him to go away. opens door and sees him still out there. takes picture quickly with apologetic look.)

We're inside the guest house and looking to the right, where my room is.

See, Mommy Lamb Chop? It's the door around the corner! And you can see my level-taking stick leaning against the wall there.

You know this place! It's where you and the rest of the Lamb Chops spend all your time, and it's where I leave all my junk all over the place. Hey, what are you Lamb Chops doing piled up in the corner there? You sillies.

Had we gone left upon entering the house, we would have been in the kitchen. Mommy LC became fixated on this package of cake. She said she wanted some of the muffins. I told her that it was cake and that it wasn't ours, so I dragged her away to see the bathrooms.

Do you ever get annoyed that so much water is wasted every time you flush the toilet? Well, here in Israel, there is a solution. When you flush the toilet, you push down the lever and then pull it back up again to stop the toilet flushing when you want. Try it out, Lamb Chop!

Wow! Lamb Chop impressed! Eco-friendly!

Lamb Chop meets a new friend. She said her friend's name was Muffins.
Sigh. We're not going to hear the end of this, I can tell.

3 comments:

  1. I can see your finger through the roof of Mama Lambchop's mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these people who keep walking into your photos people from the dig?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mommy LC has spaces in her mouth for two finger teeth.

    And the people who were walking into my photos: the Australian man is on the dig, but he's not with our group. I have no idea who the other girl was.

    ReplyDelete