Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oh, I went there

Well, we just finished our first day of digging! It was extremely hot and dusty, but what else is new on the site? After lunch and swimming in the sea, I finally had some real free time for the first time since arriving, so I decided to finish unpacking my carry-on suitcase.
I opened it up...

...say now, what's this?

Stowaways!

Football Lamb Chop was just as surprised as I was! Seriously, I had NO idea they were coming along!*

Football Lamb Chop went and sulked in the corner a little bit, since she thought she was going to get all the attention this month and be the special world traveler, and she didn't want to share.

But the whole Lamb Chop family rushed to give her a group hug, and she remembered how much she loved all of them and decided that she could share the attention whenever she got just too tired of the limelight. Plus, it's good that they'll all be together while I'm gone during the morning, since I told them they couldn't come with me on the dig or on day trips. They're security threats, remember?

So, it looks like the adventures of the whole Lamb Chop family will continue this month! Coming soon: an introduction to the Lamb Chop family and a tour of the kibbutz guest house.

*And can you imagine how I had to squish them in the suitcase?

3 comments:

  1. the group hug picture warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Stowaways picture!

    I seriously have to get a certain present for the Lambchops now. You'll just have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part is how you wrote the Lamp Chop, Infrequent Flier blog all the while planning the "stowaways!" reveal. That is some sophistocated blogging.

    ReplyDelete