Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Say hello to the Lamb Chops!

Since the Lamb Chop family has six members, and all six members happen to be here with me in Israel, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce everyone and give them all formal names so they can be told apart.
This is Football Lamb Chop, as seen without the uniform. As the most outgoing and loud of the group, she tends to take on a leadership role. She is often jolly and good-natured, but she tends to have mood swings.

Although FB Lamb Chop usually takes on a leadership role, Mommy Lamb Chop is the eldest and the matriarch of the family. She's like a stooped, senile old lady, but at her age, she does what she wants and doesn't care what others think. In this way, she shows how she is still a baby Lamb Chop at heart.

Baby Lamb Chop is arguably the cutest member of the LC family. In appearance, she is a slightly smaller, better preserved version of Mommy Lamb Chop. She is shy.

Original Lamb Chop is a unique member of the LC family, being the only non-baby. She tends to be a little wild and likes to be the center of attention.

Christmas Lamb Chop is calm and is quite good at following along with the rest of the group. She is always happy and never selfish, embodying the spirit of a Christmas special.

Lastly, I'm not sure what to name this Lamb Chop. Her name may change, but for now, she will be Young and Agile Lamb Chop. She exhibits none of the wear and tear of Mommy LC and Baby LC--no chewed up pacifiers, no missing bows and buttons, no sagging stuffing, no intentional cuts. Of all the Lamb Chops, she is the least well known. However, my guess is that she is independent, creative, wise, quiet, and has a tendency to be a little melancholy. We will get to know her much better!

So, here is the family! They are very excited to meet you all!

3 comments:

  1. "No intentional cuts"? Because Mommy LC and Baby LC have intentional cuts? Why, Lambchop, why?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should explain. When I was maybe five or six, I looked at Mommy LC's tongue and realized it was hollow on the inside. I decided that it would be great if I cut a little slit in it, so that she could store lemonade inside her tongue and drink it later if she got thirsty. I was always looking out for the well being of the Lamb Chops! Poor, poor Mommy LC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a few of my stuffed ups have "intentional cuts" too.

    So I'm kind of treating the Lambchop family as if...hm...as if they're a boy band featured in J-14 magazine. In that context, I say: I most identify with Football Lambchop, and I think Young and Agile Lamb Chop would be my best friend.

    ReplyDelete