Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A wish granted

On the last day at the kibbutz, people were leaving out all their leftover food for anyone to take. I took Mommy Lamb Chop over to the food table to see if there were any snacks the Lamb Chops or I would want for the plane.

Slim pickin's. There were three jars of peanut butter and some unopened fig spread, along with rice cakes. So, I guess you could have a peanut butter and fig rice cake sandwich. I asked Mommy LC if she wanted one, but she didn't respond. I took it as a no.

But wait! What's this behind the half-empty bag of stale chips?

MMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN!!!
Can I please, please have it? It's chok-a-lit chip!
Ok, Mommy LC. Here, I'll open up the package for you, and you can have...

...Lamb Chop, don't bite into it yet! It still has the paper on it!

"Oops." she said.

There we go, that's better. More muffiny, less papery.
It's just you and me, muffin! Together forever!

10 seconds later: lickin' the crumbs.

Mourning all that is left of an old friend. Well Lamb Chop, I guess you've learned that you can't have your muffin and eat it, too. Maybe next time you'll eat it a little more slowly and appreciate it...
No? You're just going to eat all the crumbs now? Mmokay.
So, I guess all Lamb Chop learned is that if you eat something, you should not make friends with it.
Being that the contrapositive is logically equivalent, I never have and never will eat lamb.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the title of this post also applies to me as I came to this website!

    Even though I had to look up what your mathy last sentence meant.

    ReplyDelete