Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lamb Chops host a foreign exchange student

Ever since returning from their adventures abroad, the Lamb Chops haven't been quite satisfied with normal life back at home on the dresser. They have been wanting adventures and new friends to meet! So, I agreed that they could host a foreign exchange student, as long as they helped out with everything. We met a couch-hopping monkey from Ghana who needed a place to stay for the night. I had personal interests in mind as well, since I sadly never got to see a monkey while I was in Ghana. I hoped he would tell us about his life in the forest!

We spent the afternoon getting a bed ready for our new friend. When he arrived in the evening, all the Lamb Chops gathered around to say hello.

Football LC acted as the representative of the group, offering to take the suitcase. She even donned her football uniform to provide a truly patriotic welcome. America! Our new friend wore kente cloth and brought flowers for the hosts. Baby LC and Young and Agile LC shyly look on.
Original LC: "Ta daaaaah!"

Also, the most embarrassing part of this picture is my choice of summer reading seen next to my bed.

Stuffed animals come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, but they are all bonded in stuffedanimalhood.

"Well hey! What can we do ya for?"

Oh dear.

Oh, it's okay, little monkey. The Lamb Chops are a great bunch.

See? Aren't they dear? Who wouldn't want to stay with them?
...
Well, your bed is far from the dresser.
Now, everyone get your pajamas on, cuz I've got a fun-filled night planned! We'll have hot chocolate and popcorn, and then we'll build a fort in the living room, and then we'll stay up in our fort and watch The Orphanage!

No one slept that night. My fault.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Lamb Chops, getting scared!

    I know how they feel. Eight months after I saw Paranormal Activity, and I still have a mini freak-out every time my bedroom door opens by itself at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been scared by the black-eyed zombie-ish appearance of Lamb Chops. But this is just lulz.

    Also, thanks for the comments on my "Troll 2" post. That movie is hilarious and I'm glad I found someone else who's seen it. ALSO: Troll 2 is completely available on Hulu. Check it out! I watched it through there, alongside Bryan Elder, Rachel Tanning, and many others.

    It was a group effort, but we got through it.

    In the end, everyone's just holding out for the Sexy Corn Cob scene.

    ReplyDelete