Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lamb Chop at the library

Yesterday was a lovely day. I finished my ridiculously intense exam in the morning, and then I was going to spend the rest of my free time in the evening finishing a paper due the next day. THEN. I got an email saying the paper wasn't due until next week.

Oh, what a spring that put in my step!

So, the world was my oyster, and I decided to go to the library to return some overdue books.

Dream of dreams! I took Y&A Lamb Chop along, since I thought she would love the library.

She helped me return the books. But then, she really wanted to go inside, so we had to.

When she saw the inscription on the side of the library, she hugged the building. A friend!

A message on the bulletin board when we entered. Now that's what I'm talking about! Lamb Chop want banned books!

We found this when we looked through kids' DVDs. We celebrated the occasion many times.

Hey! It's another family album! And it's a Scandinavian-American family album, and the Lamb Chops are Scandinavian by my heritage! I think these two albums should get together for lunch--they have a lot in common! Note: this is just in our little Lamb Chop family. As I recall, Shari Lewis' and her Lamb Chop were Jewish. At least, they had a Hanukkah special that I loved to watch.

Aww, look how she can just curl up in the books! Alright, it's time to come out, Lamb Chop.
...
Lamb Chop? L-Lamb Chop? Come on now, you need to get out.
No, don't go behind the books!

She didn't want to come out. There was almost a scene in the library, but then Lamb Chop decided it was too dusty to breathe back there. The scent of library books was too stifling in the middle of the shelves. So, she got out, and I helped her choose some books.

Cozy in a nook of books. Come on Lamb Chop, we can read at home. It's dinnertime!
So, I tried to gather up all the books she chose, and it was difficult. How many books did we even get?

The stack is taller than Lamb Chop! Lamb Chop, how do you expect to read all that? And do you really think it's necessary for you to study for the GRE?

Actually, not all of the books fit in my bike basket, so I had to be industrious and form a makeshift bag out of my jacket, which I tied to the handlebars of my bike. It was ridiculous.
Nonetheless, it was a lovely day, and a lovely time for Lamb Chop. She will love to come back here again sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, a Lamb Chop's first visit to the library! She will be happy you recorded it for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Lamb Chops, what's up? I miss you.

    ReplyDelete