Monday, September 13, 2010

Lamb Chop is found

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way.

As may be clear, Original Lamb Chop has been acting up lately. Sometimes, when lambs act up, they really just want attention. This can definitely be said for crazy Original LC. So, last weekend, when I went to celebrate Labor Day with the family, I took along Original LC so she could be around a bunch of people.

Refreshing beverages are a must on Labor Day.

Lamb Chop even got to go on the trampoline! Fun!

Whoa! That's some high jumping, Lamb Chop!
Side note: This picture cracks me up. Look at my 5-year-old cousin on the left. What is he doing? Hahahahahaha!

Bleeehhhhh...Lamb Chop dizzy!

Ahhh. This is what Labor Day is all about, right? Relaxing and getting away all the hassles of everyday life. Lamb Chop knows a lot about that.

Lamb Chop takes after me--she loves to hula hoop. And again, what are my cousins doing?

But it wasn't all fun and games. Lamb Chop had to pitch in and shuck some corn for dinner.
She was very cooperative! It was a Labor Day miracle!
After dinner, it time to go home. But where was Lamb Chop?
I found her! She was up in a tree, and she looked like she was pondering:

What are you doing up there, Lamb Chop?

Oh ok, you were just sitting up here and thinking about all the fun you had today? You certainly did all sorts of fun things! I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm proud of you for being such a good helper. I love you very much, Lamb Chop.

Even though she was going astray, I think there is hope for Original LC. She just needed to know that she mattered and that I love her. And I really do love her, no matter the mistakes she makes. She's still her crazy self, I can tell, but I don't think she'll be kicking anyone down the slide anymore.

1 comment:

  1. What a good mommy you are, Christine. Kill 'em with kindness.

    ReplyDelete