Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bike ride with Lamb Chop

About a month ago, we had a weekend of beautiful weather. This didn't continue show up again until this past Sunday, but that weekend, I took advantage of the day and biked to Hidden Falls Regional Park with Football Lamb Chop.

I chose to take Football LC because she is the only one with a helmet, and the safety of my Lamb Chops is very important to me.

She sat tucked in my bike basket, which I think she enjoyed.

So, we biked down Summit Avenue to the river and decided to stop there for a moment. We looked over the cliff to the newly thawed landscape. If I had taken the picture now, the trees would be green. Oh well.

Right before we got to the park, we saw the waterfall. It was kind of hidden. But it was lovely! Lamb Chop sunned herself for a few minutes.

And right around the corner was the park! We made it, Lamb Chop!

Whaaaat? Park CLOSED? Why!?

Lamb Chop was really disappointed. She started back towards the bike, but then she took off running, and I had to find her. Lamb Chop? Lamb Chop! Where did you go!

Finally, I found her sitting on a park bench. She was feeling sad, but I told her that the park would open soon and promised to take her back. In fact, I told her that we would all go to the park as a family and have a picnic! How's that sound?

Hooray! Well, we can go home now.
And that picnic will happen sometime soon, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. I KNOW those Lamb Chops haven't been up to nothing for five months. The public is waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best blog ever! How is the Lamb Chop family doing?

    ReplyDelete